Sunday 1 September 2013

Okey dokey ... we're off!



Introducing ........... me!





Hi and thank you for visiting my brand new blog.   I am new to this amazing platform, and hope you will be forgiving ….my IT savvy son is steering me along while I find my way.
I am so looking forward to sharing my projects, chatting about this and that, and making new friends along the way.  I am in awe of some of the wonderfully talented crafters I have encountered in the blogosphere, their blogs have inspired me to step up my game and to tackle projects I would have considered beyond my capabilities.

I have a very special project in progress.  Every year around the 18th July, the citizens of the land are called upon to give up 67 minutes of their time, to be of service and assistance to those less fortunate among us.  It’s all in honour of our dear erstwhile president Mr Nelson Mandela, who dedicated 67 years of his life in service for humanity.  
So my contribution for 2014 is to crochet 67 little prem and newborn beanies which I will take to a hospital in an impoverished area and hand to the new moms in need of a helping hand.  









 And then I took part in a CAL (that’s Crochet-A-Long for the uninitiated!) with the Inner Hooker last year and made my first afghan ….. it was such fun being part of a group of great ladies, checking in every day, and encouraging each other. 

Did you know? The popular crochet African Flower Hexagon was designed by two South African ladies, Lounette Fourie and Anita Roussow and first published in a South African Magazine called Sarie in 2009.  It has been reworked into a couple of different Granny Square patterns, and is wonderful to use in making afghans.

That's my post done ..... phew  My photographs are improving daily (so happy) and hopefully my blogging skills will keep pace!
Thank you for reading, till next time ......
Stay strong, think happy thoughts and keep smiling!
Pat x




15 comments:

  1. Hi Pat, Welcome to the world of blogging, I am sure you are going to love it. I have tried with crochet and I do love it, as yet, I haven't got it all clicked in my head yet but I will, I will ........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear friend, you have been my inspiration! xP

      Delete
  2. Welcome to blog land. I enjoyed reading your blog and look forward to reading more in the future. Gorgeous little hats and beanies !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Pat, welcome to blogland, a very friendly place. I've been a bit lax with blogging over the summer months, but hope to get back into it soon. Looking forward to viewing all your creations,
    Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joy, thank you so much ... I am constantly inspired by the lovely ladies who showcase amazing work. xP

      Delete
  4. Welcome to the blogosphere, Pat! And good luck with 67 hats, they look so good and I'm sure will be well received!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra, yes I am looking forward to the day when I hand the hats over, will be sure to take a photo or two for a following up story! Px

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Without your patience and help I would still be whirling around cyberspace without a home for Sunshine! love you son x mom

      Delete
  6. Hello Pat

    I've just come over from Shirley's blog "Colours of a butterfly" to say hello!
    Lots of lovely hats...I particularly like the one with the big flower but they are all gorgeous really!!!
    I didn't know who had designed the African Flower but I do know it has become a very popular motif to use. It really looks good in practically anything.
    I think you are really going to like blogging!!!!

    I am you latest follower :-)

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Amanda, thanks for the kind words! Px

      Delete
  7. Hi, Pat. Welcome to the blogging world. I love the little hats and the idea of the 67 minutes. I'm a new follower and found by way of Shirley's "Colours of a Butterfly". You are going to love this bloggy business. It is filled with the best people.

    Hugs,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon, so glad you popped in and via Shirley's blog ... she was an inspiration to me to get going. I mulled over a blog for so long, she published her "Colours" blog and that was the push I needed! And I agree, lovely folk in bloggy world Px

      Delete
  8. Hi Pat, I just checked in with Shirley and had to pay you a visit. All the little beanies are so cute and such a wonderful gift for the babies. I see you have quite a list of blogs that you follow. I will be looking at some of those. Glad to have another crafter in blog land. Cheers, Val
    valspierssews@gmail.com
    http://valspierssews.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment ~ hearing from you makes my day ~